Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Monday 12 September 2011

My version of the year in review - January(2)

January 30, 2010
I visited the Sukuma Museum at Bujora in the outskirts of Mwanza. I had inquired in advance about the snake dance and was looking forward to seeing how the dancers interact with a snake.
 
 
 

I had experienced a long busy day and as the dances continued for a while, I realized that the snake dance was reserved for the end. I was tired and sat on a wooden crate.


Later, curious to know where the snake could be, I wondered whether the snake was in the crate. I asked and was told it was in the crate.


The main snake handler appeared to be intoxicated when he removed the python from the crate and I felt the handling of the snake could have been gentler.

No comments: