Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Friday 16 September 2011

My version of the year 2010 in review - May


May 12, 2010
 

I leafed through a book in the Mwalimu Nyerere Memorial Library at Mwitongo, Butiama, and found this book whose author, the late Ghanaian leader Kwame Nkrumah, contained a dedication dated 9th April 1964 by the author to Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere.

May 19, 2010


A week later Dr. Thomas Molony, Senior Research Fellow at the Centre of African Studies of the University of Edinburgh, was at Butiama on his first visit for the purpose of conducting research for a biography on Mwalimu Nyerere. As part of his research, he spoke to my brother, Magige, above.
May 20, 2010
 

The following day Dr. Molony also spoke to Jack Nyamwaga, a retired teacher and a resident of Butiama....

 
and to my uncle Jackton Nyambereka Nyerere and his wife, Wakirya Sondobi.
 

We then traveled to the neighbouring village of Muryaza where Dr. Molony interviewed Elias Nyang'ombe, Mwalimu Nyerere's cousin, who posed for my camera with one of his sons.


Later in the day, it was the turn of my uncle, Joseph Muhunda, to respond to Dr. Molony's questions.

May 25, 2010


Just before sunset to the west of Butiama, I captured this image of what I would imagine to resemble the few seconds following a nuclear bomb explosion.

No comments: