Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Sunday 28 April 2013

And the point is..?!?!?

The point of posting my photograph, posing with a young stewardess of Fastjet after landing in Mwanza recently is twofold.

First, she asked: "Can I take a photograph with you?" I said, "Certainly!" She pulled out her phone and asked a colleague to snap a few images, and I pulled out my camera, having found an excuse to take a photograph. The point is: I like the photograph, and that's a good enough excuse for posting it. It's a long since I have appeared so young in a photograph.
I went away imagining that, finally, after almost 5 years of blogging I have come face to face with one of my readers.

The second point came to me after I disembarked from the aircraft and recalled how I recently had something to complain against Fastjet and wrote about it.* I suspected, tongue-in-cheek, that the Fastjet management might have been trying to soften me up by this attempt to boost up my ego.

*I must give credit to Fastjet for getting in touch with me after I posted my complaint in this blog, which I found extremely rare in Tanzania's service industry and places Fastjet's customer complaints department in a class that is comparable only to a handful.

Posts related to this one:
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-trouble-facing-fastjet.html
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2012/12/4-reasons-why-you-should-fly-with.html

No comments: