Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Wednesday 6 February 2013

The trouble facing Fastjet

Fastjet's strategy is to wean potential passengers from passenger buses to its aircraft. For this reason, the budget airline, which launched operations in Tanzania on 29th November 2012, does not see itself competing with other airlines for passengers. Which is not entirely true because I used to fly with other airlines and have flown with Fastjet twice and, being a person who does not like discriminatory pricing, I intend to continue to take advantage of Fastjet's simple pricing model.
The strategy seems to work because reports reveal that many passengers on Fastjet's flights are flying for the first time. During the flights I took it appeared to me that some of the passengers were in an aircraft for the first time. 

If Fastjet succeeds to convert traffic from road to air I fear I some of these passengers will carry forward mannerisms that are foreign to air travel. I was recently on a Mwanza bound bus from Musoma that was extremely packed and a passenger got in en route and tossed a chicken on my feet.

When I complained he suggested that I should be glad I was seated. He was standing.

No comments: