Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Sunday 8 April 2012

My version of the year 2011 in review: 2 February

Butiama has a variety of bird species including these hawks with yellow beaks.

One of them once swooped down on me from behind and scratched me at the back of my head.
At dusk they perch on this tall tree where they remain at night.

Posts related to this one:
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-version-of-year-2011-in-review-28.html
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-version-of-year-2011-in-review-26.html

Sent from Samsung Mobile

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Madaraka,This reminds me of my encounter with the crows of Sea-view. I had a special place in our garden from where I could watch the sun rise and say my prayers at the same time.This crow must have been watching me every day. He would swoop rushing over my head and try to pearch on my head the moment I stood quietly in my corner! He scratched and frightened me no end every day for more then a week until I stopped!Some body told me that it must have been a mother with her young chicks near by !

Madaraka said...

Urmila, I have actually been attacked by birds in Dar es Salaam and in Mwanza. I began to entertain the idea that there is something wrong with me.