Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Sunday 1 April 2012

A chicken has to die

Several days ago, a student of Butiama Secondary School carried to school a present for two of the five Canadian visiting teachers. A live cockerel.

When I drove to pick them up at school the teachers asked me: "what do we do with it?" A pertinent question as they will shortly leave for Canada. I said: "you eat it."

That did not go down smoothly. The visitors, unlike the hosts, did not not take too lightly the cessation of one life and transforming it into a dinner menu.

I have pledged to keep the cockerel as a permanent pet. I expect future visiting teachers from Canada's Queen's University to demand to see the gift that the teachers from 2011 left behind.

1 comment:

Anganile said...

hahahaha, the chicken has to die, one life for another.