Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Friday 30 December 2011

The Mwalimu Nyerere/Mt. Kilimanjaro Charity Climb 2011 (post 3 of 15)

Friday 16 September 2011
I woke up at 4:25 AM and was out of the hotel at 05:05 AM. I walked with my backpack and a heavy load of my mountain gear packed in one of those large polythene shopping bags that scare taxi drivers away.

I was told I should have been at Lamadi at 07:30 AM. I was there before six and met the same two characters who promised to arrange a ride for me through the Serengeti but instead made me loose two days at Lamadi before I opted for a flight from Mwanza to the Kilimanjaro International Airport.

By 10:00 AM I had decided there was no chance I would be traveling by car to Arusha today and I hopped on a bus to Mwanza.

Next: I'm in Moshi

Posts related to this one:
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2011/10/mwalimu-nyereremt-kilimanjaro-charity_26.html
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2012/01/mwalimu-nyereremt-kilimanjaro-charity.html

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice blog. I'm surfing some information about Climbing Mt Kilimanjaro because we are planning to go there next year.

Madaraka said...

Congratulations for your decision. It is a great experience. When you travel to Tanzania plan also to visit other tourist attractions such as Serengeti, and Ngorongoro.