Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Wednesday 26 October 2011

The Mwalimu Nyerere/Mt. Kilimanjaro Charity Climb 2011 (post 2 of 15)

Thursday 15 September 2011
I am in “standing mode”, busy to the core, hovering over my office desk rather than sitting down as most people do. And as always, I am also in apprehension that I have several important tasks I should complete before my departure for the annual Kilimanjaro climb, but there appears to be little time to complete these tasks.

As I wondered how I would travel to Moshi this time around I recalled that someone I know mentioned he was driving to Arusha tomorrow. I called him to find out whether I could hitch a ride and he reassured me I could. 

Later, he came up with what I suspected was a monumental work of fiction about having to suddenly change plans and drive through the Serengeti during the night to rescue another colleague who had been involved in a road accident.

Later in Musoma I found out that the Extra Musica Band was playing tonight and I suspected my ride to Arusha had been compromised by their presence.

Having being assured of a possible ride through the Serengeti tomorrow I left in the evening and spent the night at Bunda.

Next: Another disappointment

Posts related to this one:
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2011/10/mwalimu-nyereremt-kilimanjaro-charity.html
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2011/12/mwalimu-nyereremt-kilimanjaro-charity.html

No comments: