Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Tuesday 25 October 2011

My version of the year 2010 in review - September

September 4, 2010
During a visit to Butiama, the Nigerian High Commissioner to Tanzania, H.E. 


Dr. Ishaya Majanbu and his wife, Naomi Majanbu, visited the mausoleum of Mwalimu Julius Kambarege Nyerere (1922 - 1999). In the photo when the visitors posed in front of the mausoleum with Mama Maria Nyerere, centre, the widow of the late Mwalimu Nyerere, I took a photograph and caught my own reflection on the right window pane.

September 6, 2010
 

Mama Maria Nyerere, left, received more guests as Prof. Sospeter Muhongo from the University of Dar es Salaam and Jumanne Magiri, General Secretary of Kanisa la Mennonite Tanzania, visited. During the visit, Prof. Muhongo briefed Mama Maria on plans to build a university in Mara region in honour o the late Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere.

September 9, 2010


When I drove to Musoma I noticed that Chama cha Mapinduzi (CCM) had put up a campaign billboard featuring Mama Maria and CCM's presidential candidate and incumbent president, Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete.

September 14, 2010
As I drove to yet take photos at yet another campaign meeting in Musoma I
 

noticed an approaching VIP motorcade on my rear view mirror. I gave way and about 14 cars whizzed past. Each time a VIP visits the region all senior government officials in the regional administration abandon their offices to accompany the VIP, adding to the cost of the visit and a suspension of their duties to members of the public.

In Musoma CHADEMA's presidential candidate, Dr. Wilbrod Slaa, held a


campaign meeting while the pilot of his leased helicopter took a nap under the helicopter's shade.
 

The meeting drew a large crowd of CHADEMA's supporters and the curious.

September 16, 2010
 

I doctored my own photograph and placed it on my Kiswahili language blog.

September 18, 2010

 

Councilor for Makongoro, Ward Peter Wanzagi (right) had a big laugh about something as he and others in the photo, including, from left to right, Jack Nyamwaga, Elias Nyang'ombe, Charles Ndagire, Zacharia Wambura, and Makongoro Nyerere awaited the arrival of the Uhuru Torch at the Mwitongo enclave of Butiama village.
 

The arrival of the Uhuru Torch is marked by speeches in which the leader of the Uhuru Torch provides a history of the Uhuru Torch and delivers the annual campaign message carried for this event which covers the entire country.
Later in the evening, Manyama Mgassa, below right, gave a speech at the


wedding of her daughter Hanna Mgassa, center, who was married to Walter Mweyo.

September 21, 2010
 

I was minding my own business when I walked past these two children and one of them said: “Will you take a photo of us?” I said I would, and did just that.


It was turning into "taking kids' photos day" today. Further down the road, I asked these children whether I could take their photograph. They said I could and I did just that.

September 25, 2010
 

Chama cha Mapinduzi's (CCM) campaign juggernaut, Tanzania One Theatre (TOT), rolled into Musoma ahead of a campaign meeting of its presidential candidate and Tanzanian incumbent president, Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete.
 

Before the meeting TOT's artistes entertained the gathering crowd.
 

CCM' supporters painted themselves green, one of their party's colour.
 

At the meeting I bumped into Muhiddin Issa Michuzi, left, who was part of the official press entourage covering President Jakaya's Kikwete campaign visit to Musoma.

No comments: