Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Steve Kamau conquers Mt. Kilimanjaro and becomes a member of the Kilimanjaro Club

The Kilimanjaro Club lists people I know who have scaled Mt. Kilimanjaro, including those who join me every year on the annual the Mwalimu Nyerere/Mt. Kilimanjaro Charity Climb.

Steve Kamau normally books Kilimanjaro climbs for visitors. He works for Zara Tanzania Adventures the company that has organized all my climbs.

It was while I was sitting with him discussing details of one of the climbs that I suggested to him that he should consider climbing Kilimanjaro himself. A few months later he did just that and joined me on my fourth climb in September 2010.


On the second day of the September 2010 climb, Steve Kamau takes a short rest between Big Tree and Shira One camps.
He is the latest member of the Kilimanjaro Club. The updated list is:


1. Markus Geiger
2. Notburga Maskini
3. Gerald Hando
4. Le Huynh
5. Jaffar Amin
6. Mary Kalikawe
7. William Rutta
8. Steve Kamau

No comments: