Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Thursday 6 June 2013

My version of the year 2012 in review: 5 June

On the morning of the second day of my sixth Mt. Kilimanjaro climb with a group from Tanzania Development Support, we left Mti Mkubwa Camp and were heading towards the challenging Seven Hills section of the Lemosho route to spend the night at Shira Camp.
Our lead guide, Pius (better known as Yahoo), standing right, observed the environment as the rest of the climbers negotiated past a damp and muddy forest patch.

At Shira Camp we posed for a short rest and some of the climbers took turns to pose for photographs with Mt. Kilimanjaro's Kibo peak in the background. In the five years I have been climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro I had never seen so much snow cover on Mt. Kilimanjaro.

Other posts in this 2012 series:
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2013/05/my-version-of-year-2012-in-review-26-may.html
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2013/06/my-version-of-year-2012-in-review-7-june.html

No comments: