Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Monday 18 June 2012

My version of the year 2011 in review: 25 April

Apologies for dragging my way through this post series of the year 2011 in review. I was away climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro and I hope to complete this review soon.


A striped lizard caught my eye at the edge of the wall outside my bedroom window. One of these lizards once found its way into my bedroom. I intended to release it back to the outdoors but forgot and traveled for more than a month. I believed I would have found it dead of starvation, but it was still alive except for being extremely weak.


A group of visitors from Mugumu in neighboring Serengeti district toured Butiama and the Mwalimu J.K. Nyerere Museum, above.


The visitors included three young men who also signed their names in the visitors book at the museum.



After the museum visit, the entire group paid a courtesy call on Mama Maria Nyerere, the widow of Tanzania's founding president, Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere.

Other posts in this 2011 review series:
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-version-of-year-2011-in-review-21.html
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-version-of-year-2011-in-review-3.html

No comments: