Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Monday 12 March 2012

The Mwalimu Nyerere/Mt. Kilimanjaro Charity Climb 2011 (post 11 of 15)

Sunday 25th September 2011
I have noted that the trek between Karanga and Barafu Camp is when I discover my physical strength. I feel pretty strong.

On the way to Barafu Yahoo, extreme left, watches over the group during a short break as a porter, right, walks past
During last night's briefing Yahoo, the lead guide, said he noted that we are all in pretty good shape and, with the pace he has set, he is certain will will all reach the peak. I wasn't convinced.

The rangers' hut at Barafu, Mt. Kilimanjaro's base camp.
I had planned with yahoo that we should leave Barafu Camp for the summit at thirty minutes past eleven, but we left well after midnight.

Next: Andrea is a force of nature

Posts related to this one:
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2012/03/mwalimu-nyereremt-kilimanjaro-charity_12.html
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2012/03/mwalimu-nyereremt-kilimanjaro-charity_15.html

No comments: