Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Monday 7 January 2013

My version of the year 2012 in review: 5 February

I attended the national celebrations at Kirumba Stadium, Mwanza, to mark the 38th anniversary of the founding of Tanzania's ruling party, Chama cha Mapinduzi (CCM).



The celebrations were kicked off by a procession from the CCM regional office to Kirumba, led by CCM Chairman, President Jakaya Kikwete.

At the end of the procession, I found myself seated behind former CCM Secretary General, Yusuf Makamba.

Later the celebrations continued at the Kirumba Stadium marked by colourful processions by CCM's supporters.

As I sat observing the procession, the world's leading Kiswahili language blogger who is also Assistant Press to the President, Muhidin Issa Michuzi, stood in front of me as he made the rounds at the stadium.

Later President Kikwete, CCM's chairman, presented membership cards to new party members.

After attending a late lunch hosted by President Kikwete at State Lodge, Mwanza, I strolled along the Lake shore past the Bismarck Rock and back to my hotel.

Other posts in this 2012 review series:
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2013/01/my-version-of-year-2012-in-review-1.html
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2013/01/my-version-of-year-2012-13-february.html

No comments: