Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Monday 3 December 2012

Even the Pope has a Twitter account? Maybe it's time to reconsider...

Now that it has been revealed that Pope Benedict XVI has a Twitter account, I am thinking perhaps it is an opportune time to consider opening one myself. I actually already have, but I have not used it since I did about two weeks ago.

As a following and compared to how many might 'follow' the Pope, I might not have much to start with but I could start with the handful of readers who visit this blog every day. I will also consider stirring up some controversy to lure followers to my Twitter updates.

I have to admit though I am normally reluctant to hop on the latest social media fad because of the huge amount of time that one has to devote to keeping up with updates. I have an extremely slow Internet connection speed at Butiama and, rather than spend time on social media, I would rather spend my time responding to routine email correspondence related to my current work.

But since some of my work involves writing visiting and commenting on social websites sometimes provides ideas for topics. It's a balancing act that requires devoting time on both activities.

No comments: