Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Tuesday 27 November 2012

The reason why I plan to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro at least six more times

I have climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro seven times, and I plan to climb Africa's highest peak at least six more times between now and the end of 2014.

Here' the reason why. When I first decided to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro my objective was to raise money for charity. It remains the basic objective. So I continue to raise money for a charitable cause during one of my climbs each year. From having planned a single climb each year between 2008 and 2010, in 2011 I have been climbing twice each year, one of those climbs being specifically targeted at raising charitable donations.
During my first ascent of Mt. Kilimanjaro in 2008.
I have since decided it is possible for me to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro thrice each year, particularly after deciding that I would like to write a book on climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro. So, for next year and 2014 I have scheduled three climbs annually. I plan to climb all of Kilimanjaro's official routes at least once as part of the book project. Climbing only once a year would have taken too long.

Here's my tentative schedule:

Year
Month/Days
Route
Objective
2013

Jan 21 - 27

Machame
  • Fundraising for construction of roof for Kichalikani Primary School, Tanga
  • Kilimanjaro book research

2013

May 20 - 26

Rongai

Kilimanjaro book research

2013

Sept 23 - 30

Shira

Kilimanjaro book research

2014

Jan 20 - 27

Umbwe

Kilimanjaro book research

2014

May 26 - June 2

Lemosho
  • Fundraising
  • Kilimanjaro book research

2014

Sept 22 - 28

Marangu

Kilimanjaro book research

Interested in joining me in one of those climbs? Write to me: madaraka.nyerere@gmail.com

Posts related to this one:
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2012/05/next-mwalimu-nyereremt-kilimanjaro.html
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2009/07/preparing-for-kilimanjaro-2009.html
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2012/05/getting-ready-for-junes-kilimanjaro.html
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2012/05/on-my-way-to-kilimanjaro.html

No comments: