Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Sunday 10 January 2010

My version of the year 2009 in review - January

In a series of posts beginning today, I share part of my collection of photographs taken during the year 2009.

January 10, 2009.
Elvis Ogina behind his camera at Butiama.
Elvis Ogina, a photographer from Drum Magazine in Nairobi visited Butiama. He was sent to photograph me after I was interviewed by Associate Editor Thomas Maneno for an interview featured on the magazine.

He hopes to work as an independent photographer one day, possibly as a fashion photographer. That, he said, is where the money is.

January 14, 2009.
L-R, Professor Sarungi, daughter Maria, and I at the Mwalimu Nyerere Memorial Library at Butiama. Standing behind is Benjamin Masatu, the library's curator.
Professor Philemon Sarungi, former surgeon at Tanzania's main hospital, Muhimbili, and also a former minister who has held various portfolios in the Tanzanian government, visited Butiama with his daughter, Maria. He is now member of parliament for Rorya constituency in Tarime District, close to Butiama.

January 30, 2009.
I stand sandwiched between the team of Chinese doctors and their guests, as I hold on to my gift of Chinese tea.
Members of the Chinese Medical contingent at Mara Regional Hospital at Musoma, visited Butiama with colleagues who work at Dodoma. They have a custom of bringing along presents, including Chinese herbal tea.

No comments: