Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Saturday 4 August 2012

My version of the year 2011 in review: 18 November

The Africa Week in Dresden included both an Energy Workshop, which I attended, and an exhibition showcasing African culture.

The African culture part also involved regular performances by African musicians, including Angolan Jack Panzo who created a rule of handing one of his Ghanaian drums to anyone within reach and embarking on an impromptu drumming lesson. I was not spared.
I, in the centre, enjoying the sounds of African drums at the Centrum Gallery in Dresden. 
That evening I imagined someone calling up the German Embassy in Dar es Salaam and saying: "Guess what? That guy who said he was traveling to Germany for an energy meeting has joined a group of street musicians performing in Dresden. Don't issue a visa to him ever again."
Benjamin and Maurice's newspaper interview on our forthcoming Mt. Kilimanjaro climb finally appeared on the day's newspaper. The accompanying photograph made me appear like an experienced mountaineer who could even conquer Mt. Everest. So I thought.
Andrea Wobmann with whom I climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro in September 2010, and who was in Dresden for the Africa Week, presented me with a coffee mug filled with Swiss chocolates.

Other posts in this 2011 review series:
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-version-of-year-2011-in-review-7.html
http://madarakanyerere.blogspot.com/2012/08/my-version-of-year-2011-in-review-20.html

No comments: