Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Monday 13 February 2012

Stuck on the road blues


Inexcusable driving practices finally caught up with me today.

I was supposed to buy a spare tyre several months ago but tried to test how long I would last on the road with only four tyres. The rear tyre finally gave up on me several kilometres away from Butiama.

While I wait for someone to fix the puncture, the bonus is that I am witnessing a car which has stopped in front loading cases labeled "dynamite" by a motorcyclist who has retreived about 8 boxes from a house nearby. The context suggests someone does not have the authorisation to be in the possession of dynamite. And, even more likely, some mine in Mara region is short of several boxes of dynamite.

2 comments:

Alli said...

That indeed is a scarey thought, and what do they plan on using the dynamite for?

Madaraka said...

It is likely it will end up being used by small scale miners.