Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Butiama Bed & Breakfast

Saturday 1 May 2010

The newsstand at Mwanza


For a long period I have been buying my newspapers and periodicals from this newsstand on Posta Street, near the corner of Nyerere Road in Mwanza.

I used to travel frequently to Mwanza and would ask the news vendor to set aside some of my favorite newspapers and periodicals to keep up with national and international news and commentary. That was before I was able to access news from Butiama through the Internet.

I travel less frequently to Mwanza now and a few days ago I received a call from the news vendor who had a large collection of newspapers that I had not collected. She originally was in this photograph but I have had to use a photo editing program to 'erase' her out of the picture. The news vendor did not want to be in the news.

No comments: